Cavriana has prehistoric origins, demonstrated by numerous archaeological findings in its territory. The oldest date back to the Neolithic (5.000 BC).The pile-dwelling civilization left numerous signs of its presence here, found mainly in the archaeological site of Bande, recently proclaimed Unesco World Heritage Site. After the presence of the Gauls, the area was inhabited by the Romans as shown by several tombs and buildings with mosaic floors. Among the hills of the first Wurm glaciation, was built the Romanesque parish church, dating back to the eleventh century.
Cavriana managed to keep through time the original structure of the fortified village dominated by the tower. The town housed the Renaissance court of the Marquises Gonzaga of Mantua, who would stay here in the summer, when Mantua was less comfortable. The first mansion was built at the foot of the fort by Captain Francesco Gonzaga, who took refuge here to escape the plague broken out in Mantua in 1383 and then stayed here until his death. The castle was destroyed by the Austrians in the middle of the eighteenth century and today only the medieval tower and the defensive walls remain intact. Cavriana, directly involved in the Battle of Solferino and San Martino in 1859, in Villa Siliprandi hosted first Emperor Francesco Giuseppe on the eve of the battle and the next night the winning Emperor, Napoleon III.
P. IVA: 00223070202
Centralino: 0376/811411 Fax: 0376/82028
Casella di Posta Elettronica Certificata (PEC): email@example.com