PONTI SUL MINCIO
Ponti sul Mincio has medieval origins, but several findings related to an important Celtic necropolis (swords, sword-holder chains, spears and knives) show that the area was already populated in the protohistoric age. The remains of the ancient castle, which dominates the upper part of the town, are evidence of its medieval character. It was built by the Scaligeri family in the twelfth century and preserves today the main tower and part of the wall with five corner towers and Guelph merlons. The climb to Monte Casale will offer an amazing panoramic view, as well as the chance to relive the last memorable battle (30 April 1945) which ended the Second World War, also commemorated by a plaque to the dead.
Tel. 0376 88121 - Fax. 0376 88296
Posta elettronica certificata (PEC): email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org