Oratory of San Lorenzo
The ancient Oratory of San Lorenzo, built on a ground already inhabited in prehistoric times, probably dates from the XIII to the XIV century. It has simple and severe Romanesque-Gothic lines, and a gable shape. (errore: preistorica è scritto sbagliato)
The interior, with one nave, has a precious devotional fresco cycle (1490 – 1510) by an unknown painter, depicting the Madonna Enthroned with Child and the typical Saints of popular devotion such as San Rocco, San Sebastiano, San Lorenzo, Sant’Antonio Abate and San Francesco. The interior is decorated with fine wooden furniture, including a monumental altarpiece, the statue of the patron saint and an altar frontal, all dating from the fifteenth to the nineteenth century.
At the end of the seventeenth century, the oratory was purchased by the Earls Rizzini. They wanted here the family crypt, that still exists.
Since 1995 the oratory is property of the City of Guidizzolo, and is often chosen as venue for concerts and plays.