Just outside the Museum of Solferino, a green cypress-lined path leads to the Church of San Pietro in Vincoli, turned by the Società di Solferino e San Martino in the Ossuary Church, after purchasing it from the Bishopry of Mantua.
On the left-hand side of the entrance, on the centenary of his death, was placed a bronze bust depicting Napoleon III. On the right, there is a small stone pyramid in memory of the French General Auger, wounded on 24 June in Cà Morino and died in Castiglione delle Stiviere. The facade of the church is enriched by two mosaics depicting Christ the Redeemer and St. Peter, and on the top by the statues of the Madonna with two Resurrection Angels.
In the apse inside the church are kept 1413 skulls and countless different bones of the dead. Five busts of French generals who fell on the battlefield in the Campaign of Italy are facing one another at the entrance of the Temple.