Type: Palaces and Castles
Town: PONTI SUL MINCIO
Forte Ardietti is located in the countryside between Ponti sul Mincio and Peschiera del Garda. The first design of the fort dates back to 1853, but was completed only at the end of 1860, becoming part of the boundary of the outer fortifications of the city.
Belonged to military property, is today in fair condition thanks to a group of Napoleonic re-enactors who used it as a base and to the many volunteers that keep it alive with events. It is a great complex, with its interior full of galleries, the dormitories of the garrison and the collection of artillery pieces from all eras.
On the walls there are plans of the fort in Austrian times and other documents, which well explain the strategic importance of the fort itself.