Church of San Nicola di Bari in Cereta
Town: VOLTA MANTOVANA
The parish church of San Nicola, located in the centre of the small hamlet of Cereta, deserves a visit because of its beautiful polychrome marble altar, made by Vincenzo Baroncini from Brescia (1736). In the church we can also admire the altarpiece depicting San Nicola and an exquisite painting depicting San Luigi Gonzaga, by the eighteenth-century painter Giorgio Anselmi.
Not far away is the Church of Mezza Campagna, dating back to medieval times and recently restored.